therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:14 pm 

For a while now I've been looking for a solution to automatically rename certain shows (Colbert Report and Daily Show) right after they've been downloaded (without running theRenamer on a schedule or whenever each and every torrent finishes downloading)

I think I've found the best solution to do this. This has been tested on uTorrent 3.0 Alpha and I'm not sure if the features described exist in earlier versions or if they'll remain the same once uTorrent 3.0 gets out of Alpha stage.

Here's my solution:
1. In uTorrent, go to Options -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Run Program
2. under "Run this program when a torrent finishes" I wrote:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\ut_renameShows.bat" "%D"
Notice the "" signs, it's very important. won't work without them
And of course replace the directory structure with whatever you want.

3. Go and create that bat file. In it you only need one line:

IF /I %1=="C:\MediaDrive\TVSeries\The Daily Show & The Colbert Report\Downloaded" ("C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch)

Replace the folder names in this line with your own folder structure but pay attention to the "" signs wherever they are.

That's it! the batch file will be executed every time a torrent finishes, and only if it's a torrent we want to rename then run theRenamer...

Good luck and enjoy!

Y.

P.S. The only shortcoming here is that the file gets renamed right after the file finishes downloading, and then uTorrent stops seeding it. I haven't found a way to also rename the file in uTorrent automatically... If someone wants to improve the technique - welcome...

Last edited by y0o1a2v3 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Does this help?
I haven't try it, but it seems to be the answer.
http://therenamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=544

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:03 pm 

That's exactly the functionality I'm using...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:11 pm 

I use an external program called thefolderspy (tons of freeware/shareware/apps that will do similar). Its purpose is to monitor a directory set by me (my utorrent download folder). I have utorrent set to append .ut to the end of a torrent until it is complete. When the torrent finishes downloading it changes the file extension to .avi.

thefolderspy is set to monitor that directory for any new/renamed or moved .avi files in that folder.

When it finds them it executes therenamer.exe /fetch command.

Just another way to do it. Of course introduces an extra program into the mix but allows you to only monitor for .avi or whatever extensions you want to give a little better control..

(I also have utorrent setup with rss feeds to automatically download shows so this works pretty much as an unattended pvr setup).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:53 am 

Here's a better solution that's simpler, also will only wait for the show to finish downloading, and does not require an extra software like str8jkt recommended:
In uTorrent, go to "Run This Program When A Torrent Changes State" and type:

IF %S==11 (IF /I "%D"=="G:\TVSeries\The Daily Show & The Colbert Report\Downloaded" ("C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch))

%S is the state of the torrent, when it's value is 11 that means it is done downloading. Of course, change the folder names into your own folder structure, as usual.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 am 
Site Admin

This thread is now Sticky!
Anymore good tips on uTorrent automation please post here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:55 pm 

i am using tvtorrents.com rss which is based on tags
it allows me to get only needed files for tv show in my case 720p of my favorite shows
after the dowload i hope to use renamer with umode which i propose in other thread it is basicly - call the renamer afer downloding one torrent of quota (i ristrict to dowload one torrent at a time in preference and ading renamer to run program option), close utorrent, use renamer to do his thing(both fetchings) maybe to change the resume file(seen and used it in other program called tvrename) for utorrent if it is posible and then start utorrent to continue downloading/seeeding. i use format:episode name,place.4numbers and xbmc do his thing by adding evrething need it for shows or movies. My automation should be complete after this future is add then i hope your program to be ported as add on to xbmc to complete one very easy htpc expirience

place to start http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 for resume

how to add label to the run program in my case to fetch only files with label "Tv Shows" ?
i want to add it to this :

IF %S==11 (IF /I "%D"=="E:\Downloads" ("C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 am 

I seem to be having trouble with this

I use Windows 7 32bit on the box that runs uTorrent

I have tried both systems and can get nither to work.

The first system: As stated it kicks in the second the torrent as downloaded, The renamer starts up and ckecks the directory but does not rename or move the files. I am assuming that this is because windows won't let it edit a file that is seeding in utorrent as it is in use.

Second system: I can see the state changes in the log and state 11 is when it actualy hits finished which is great because at that point the file is no longer in use and windows does not block the name change or move, However even though I see the line run in the log and it comes up as: Executing: IF 11==11 (IF /I "D:\New"=="D:\New" ("C:\Program Files\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch)) which is the point that both if statements would be true it does not start the renamer so as such does nothing.

Can someone shed some light on this please

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:11 pm 

Larkspeed wrote:
I seem to be having trouble with this

I use Windows 7 32bit on the box that runs uTorrent

I have tried both systems and can get nither to work.

The first system: As stated it kicks in the second the torrent as downloaded, The renamer starts up and ckecks the directory but does not rename or move the files. I am assuming that this is because windows won't let it edit a file that is seeding in utorrent as it is in use.

Second system: I can see the state changes in the log and state 11 is when it actualy hits finished which is great because at that point the file is no longer in use and windows does not block the name change or move, However even though I see the line run in the log and it comes up as: Executing: IF 11==11 (IF /I "D:\New"=="D:\New" ("C:\Program Files\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch)) which is the point that both if statements would be true it does not start the renamer so as such does nothing.

Can someone shed some light on this please

The only solution that I found that works 100% of the times is:

Under "Run this program when a torrent changes state" in uTorrent's settings, type:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\ut_renameShows.bat" %S "%D"

Then create the bat file mentioned above and write the following line in it:
IF %1==11 (IF /I %2=="g:\TVSeries\The Daily Show & The Colbert Report\Downloaded" ("C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch))

This seems to work fine every time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:30 pm 

I'll give that a go

---edit---

Ok that works perfect as soon as it is done seeding back it is renamed and moved.

This makes it much easier since I have about 12 TV series that I monitor with rss feeds.

Last edited by Larkspeed on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.