Shows a confirmation page before proceeding to rename. (Recommended)
theRenamer works by guessing the showname of each file. It is not 100% accurate, but in most cases (mainstream tv or movies), it
- Default Mode: Clicking on a row/column goes to specific
area. 'Old' will open the original folder. 'New' will go to the webpage the
titles are taken from. This allows easy verification. When there's a error
message (eg. !!! INVALID FILENAME !!!), clicking on it will show a
description of that message.
- Select Similar: Checks (#) all similar shows. Any
rows that were unchecked originally will not be checked.
- Deselect Similar: Unchecks (#) all similar shows.
Useful when theRenamer has made a wrong guess, and was applied to a bunch of
- Deselect All/Reset Original: Useful when only a few
files were correct. Easier to deselect all and choose a few. Reset will
reset to original state.
- AKA (see Movies AKA).
- #: A checkbox. When unchecked, it will not process that row.
- Showname: The name of the show used.
- Old: The original filename.
- New: The new filename, or any error messages.
- +: Check to force override file at the destination path (archive
Since more sensitive commands are introduced like 'Delete File', confirmation
Again, theRenamer works by guessing the show name.